Friday, August 7, 2015

The End...

Since this blog is titled "Ashley travels the world" I guess that might mean I'm done with this blog. I certainly haven't been very good about posting, but I tried. I have less than a week until I come home and it feels weird. I've been here for 6 years. I've lived in the two biggest cities in the country; taught little kids, middle schoolers, college students, and adults; I've even studied Korean for a while. And now I'm leaving.

Part of me is sad, part is DEFINITELY ready to go home. Being a student again made me appreciate having a job. It's like when you have a job, you don't want to do it. You don't want to wake up in the morning and you just can't wait for the weekend. But when you don't have a job and you're supposed to be studying, it's hard to relax because you could always study more. And there is no income; that really sucks.

So after 6 years I'm going back to a place where I can easily communicate, but potentially will have a harder time finding a job. I'm pretty nervous about it, but overall I think I'm ready. I never intended to stay here for as long as I did. I've enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll be back one day, but for now I'm really looking forward to being back at home.

No comments: